Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, August 20, 2012

Henny Penny, Part XIX

What a coupla days.  I'd say the sky is literally falling, but that might cause you to think I'm embracing the whole Global Warming, Ozone Eroding, Henny-Pennyish Al Gore philosopy.  I must admit, I've actually considered his viewpoint, but after what he did to Tipper, he has no credibility with me.  I won't even get started on John Edwards.  What a prick.  Still, I recycle, avoid styrofoam, and buy alternative energy stocks (huge hits there.)  If I had no conscience, I'd buy alcohol, tobacco and big oil stocks.  At the rate things are going, I might need to rethink my socially responsible investing.  A girl's gotta think about the future.  And I'll proudly admit that I vote for candiates with an R beside their names.  On the other hand, I detest Rush Limbaugh.  Someone needs to shut him up.  What an asshole.  Misogynist.  Idiot.  Did I say asshole?  Alarmist.  Obnoxious hypocrite.

Enough already.  I feel like Will McAvoy on Newsroom.  My new favorite show.  So smart.  I think I like it even better than Boston Legal.

I could go on and on about how shitty my last few days have been.  I won't go into details, but I got a disturbing call from one of The D's doctors today.  According to the pathology results, he has skin cancer.  It's the best kind to have.  Wow.  Can it be good to have cancer?

I reacted violently to the word "carcinoma."  I think that was the kind my brother died from when he was 41 years old.  I shifted into my Henny Penny mode.  Which means I overreacted.  Who, me?

I could write about lots more crap I've been dealing with lately, including incredibly vivid and violent nightmares, a dog who destroys everything in sight, and a grouchy old Daddler who can't throw me a bone, no matter how hard I try.

But I won't.  I'm going to watch last night's episode of Newsroom.  Crush on Jeff Daniels.  Why is it that I fall for obnoxious, arrogant, emotionally distant men?

Could it be that I see myself in them?  Nawww.

Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment