Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, September 17, 2012

When it rains...

...it leaks.  The ceiling fan in my kitchen starts dripping.  I've tried before to find the source in the attic, to no avail.  After a little detective work this morning, I finally figured it out.  I found a very small wet spot on the attic floor.  Nothing dripping from the ceiling, though.  I put a plastic bin over the wet spot and waited.  A drip appeared.  Right under the exhaust pipe for the water heater.  I felt around the pipe, but it wasn't wet.  So I got very ingenious and stood my flashlight on end over the drip so it was pointing directly up, and I saw that the flashing was wet around the pipe was wet.

I've already had the slipshod roofer come once.  It was like pulling teeth to get him to show.  He kept saying he'd be here, but didn't show up and wouldn't return some of my calls.  The last time I called, I was very irate and threating.  He finally arrived.  Climbed up on the roof, reported that it was the flashing, which he didn't have anything to do with.  How the hell did he replace the roof but not the flashing around the exhaust pipe?  He said he'd fix it anyway, just to be nice.  Obviously, he didn't fix it. 

So I called the company which replaced my HVAC system this summer.  I'm waiting for them to call me back.  I know they'll be able to repair it, once and for all.

When my week starts out like this, I'm reminded of the song by The Carpenters: Rainy days and Mondays (always get me down.)

More unpleasantness awaits me.  Tax returns.  The extended deadline is less than a month away.  Ugh.  Better get busy.

Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment