Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Plumbing Problems, Part XICML

Since we moved into the Good House almost two years ago, I've had the plumber come out no fewer than a dozen times.  Not counting trips to the rental houses.  When he answers the phone, I say, "Steve, it's me again."  To which he replies, "What is it now, Carol?"  The latest problem is a broken kitchen faucet.  I went through the major decision process, considering every possible scenario:  Go ahead and get a new sink and a new faucet, while I'm at it; Hurry up and replace the countertops and do it all in one fell swoop, since I've been contemplating that for some time now; Just get the current faucet fixed and wait on the other stuff;  Get a new faucet which would, hopefully, fit a new sink down the road;  Just use the hot water faucet handle until I make up my mind.

After talking to my plumber and comparing all the options, I decided to go with the next to last option - just get a new faucet.  He's coming at 9:00 tomorrow morning.  I high-tailed it to Lowe's, and after more serious deliberation, settled on this lovely fixture: 

Luckily, Joe the Plumber forbade me to get any other brand than Delta or Moen.  That made my decision much easier.  Do you know how many choices there are?  It's a Moen Anabelle.  It set me back $178.  When I got home, I decided to check my beloved Amazon, expecting to find it for half that price.  Lo and behold, they have it for $332!  Wow.  Up until now, they always meet or beat the competition. 

I'm excited about my latest improvement.  I'm sure I'll have more to tell tomorrow.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment