Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Reduced to Tears

This morning, The Daddler made me cry.  He was champing at the bits to leave for his pacemaker check.  He loves going to the doctor in any way, shape or form.  He starts getting ready two hours before time to leave.  Asks me the appointment time at least a dozen times.  As if he didn't know.  A couple times, I haven't even told him about it until five minutes before time to walk out the door.  Of course, there's a price to pay for that.  Which is that he acts like he's being abducted.

It was in the low 20s this morning.  We got in the minivan and after two minutes on the road, he started bitching about being cold.  He cranked up the fan, which was blowing arctic air, and kept bitching and flipping dials and rubbing his frostbitten fingers together.  That lasted 10 minutes, until it was like a freakin' sauna.

On top of all that, his hearing suddenly failed today.  Mother used to say that it was selective.  Whatever it is, by the time I said something the third time, I was screaming and he was making a horrible face at me.  And when he bellowed up the stairs to ask me if I'd fallen asleep in the space of 20 minutes before time to leave, I thought the house was on fire.

Damn, it wears me out just thinking about it.  Thankfully, no more appointments for another month.  Maybe by then, I will have recovered...

No comments:

Post a Comment