Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Still No A/C

It turns out there's a problem with some elusive part to my HVAC system and it can't be procured until Monday.  I find it hard to believe there's no way to get parts during the weekend.  Oh, well.

The guys were nice.  After Marcus had been here 2+ hours, with no solution, I figured it might take a while.  I was pleased when his boss showed up, complete with another helper.  Boss was very apologetic (sincere apologies go a long way with me - there are way too few of those around.)  After he broke the news to me, he appeared with two window units.  After I made the big decision of where to put them, they popped them in, and even sealed around the edges so bugs wouldn't get in.  Again, that went a long way with me.  On the other hand, the window A/Cs are pretty anemic.  I might suggest that they upgrade to some newer ones (and maybe a couple more.)  They're pretty cheap.  I suppose that would be looking a gift horse in the mouth, though.

Little sis brought two box fans.  Old-fashioned box fans are far superior to those oscillating tower fans.  Way cheaper, too.  In fact, I tried to use one from my parents' house, but it was pathetic.  It's out on the curb.

It's still 80 degrees in the living room, but since I have my own A/C in my bedroom upstairs, it's not a big problem.  The D was just fine this morning.  And I have recovered from my extremely foul mood, which I'll blame on the heat and frustration of having to deal with a state of the art (expensive) HVAC system which broke less than a year after I bought it.

Enough bitching.  I'm gonna head down the hall to the wind tunnel to watch CBS Sunday Morning with The Daddler.  And put some ice in my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment