Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, September 2, 2011

Amusing Myself

I'm excited about the holiday weekend for the first time in a very long time.  Because I have new stuff to keep me busy.  Plus, I had my usual Saturday client meeting today so I'm feeling relieved.

I'm just in from my airport shuttle gig for buddy who's getting the heck outta Dodge.  I'm heading to happy hour at a friend's house in a few minutes.  I love friends who live a quarter mile away, especially if happy hour's involved.  I've had friends in Hooterville Collierville and it's a pain in the ass.  Happy hour or no.  Bill Morris Parkway (aka Autobahnconnah) is not my friend.

I stopped and got The D Wendy's chili and a Frosty for din-din.  I have plenty of stuff here, but he doesn't like to eat the same thing more than twice in a week.  Path of least resistance.

So, my new stuff:  Kindle came.  Soooo cool.  I went to my Utopia - the thrift store.  Bought a few things without trying them on.  It's always fun when I get around to doing that.  My own little fashion show.  I bought three books at said thrift store.  Plus an old milk bottle to add to Mother's collection.  Some old Ball/Mason jars.  One of my new books is called Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals.  It's a collection of postcards and they're hilarious.  I intend to send them to all my friends.  I'm debating which ones to send to FF.  Believe me, there are several.  It'll be a good test.  Especially if I send them to his office.

I'm slightly pissed at him (he deserves it - he's getting complacent).  So I'll summon up some apathy, replenish my confidence, and work on the five year plan.  Get busy with other pursuits.  Make myself scarce.  And the whole fucking cycle will repeat.  Seriously, I think it's time to hedge my bets.

Unfortunately, that takes work.  And I'm plumb wore out.  But I have three days to recover.

Back to my weekend fun.  I bought some watercolor resist (masking fluid).  I've been jonesin' for a creative outlet.  This stuff is fun.  I have lots of great cold press watercolor paper, a new paintbrush set, a bag of natural sponges, and most important, lots of ideas for subject matter.  I might need to spring for some primo watercolor paints.  I have a silly Prang paint box and some good watercolor pencils, but you really need the tubes.  I need to track down my fountain pen and India ink, too.  Golly, this stuff is so much fun.  It creates a major shift from left brain to right and makes me forget all my worries.  Including my five year plan.  And FF.  And health insurance.  Which has been paid twice this month.  Probably a good thing because I need to make an estimated tax payment on the 15th.  Whoa, so much for forgetting my worries.

Ok, better go powder my nose and head to h. hour.

2 comments:

  1. Made my ES payment today, can't believe I remembered B4 the 15th or later. Last one I didn't send, never entered my mind. I asked the CPA to ALWAYS remind me, that , I told them is part of what I pay therm for. Maybe I need to have them pay it and just email me ahead to be sure ck will clear. Have not gotten penalty/interest slip from IRS or AL gov't for late 2nd Q payment, but that is prob cause they run very late in those things. Only the gov't can run that far behind. If I were that far behind in ordering product for my clients ....don't think it would work.
    Somehow I forget all , totally, about ES tax payments and I look at bank balance online and thing 'hey I am rich' ...but it ain't so. Just glad I didn't have to borrow to make the payment once I thought of it.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just put it on your Google Calendar or your phone's calendar. I live and die by my phone notifications. The dates are the 15th of January, April, June and September. I need to finish my return and see if I need to pay anything next week. With any luck, I'll have overpaid. I have absolutely no idea. I'll probably do like I usually do and send as much as I can. Remind me to tell you about Form 2210 - you might be able to avoid a penalty or amend and get it back if it's sizeable. If not, it's probably not worth the trouble (or CPA fees).

    ReplyDelete