Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Piss and Vinegar

After a late night of salsa dancing, complete with Krystals on the way home (I'm still feeling icky), Jo was raring to go for a trot on the Greenline this morning.  Lots of other people had the same idea, so there was a good bit of traffic.  That can make it tricky when bikers are passing walkers.  See my previous post about my face plant on the GL.

J & I were walking along, bearing to the right side of the path.  Two bikes were coming toward us.  No problem.  A bike came up behind us at the same time that the two oncoming bikes were going past.  I'm skittish, so I stepped off onto the gravel, but J held her ground.  Which was perfectly appropriate.  But instead of using his brakes, the jerk on the bike behind us kept coming and went around J, which put him in the center of the path, dangerously close to the oncoming bikes.  He made some rude, unintelligible remark after the near miss.  To which J hollered, "You could try slowing down!"  To which he shouted something else rude and unintelligible.  To which she screamed, "Fuck you!"  I was stunned.  This was sooo out of character for JoJo.  And in spite of my, uh, mercurial personality, I am very uncomfortable with confrontation.  I was relieved that the dummy didn't turn around and come back.  Not that we couldn't have taken him.  He was riding some kinda PeeWee Herman Schwinn bicycle and wasn't even wearing a helmet (how stupid is that?).

Even Jo surprised herself.  I decided it was transference.  We were talking about someone who'd pissed her off, so asshole-on-bike was a good target for her anger.  Sure enough, she felt better!

Another funny thing, involving the F word.  At some point, I noticed a mile marker post emblazened with the name of a corporate sponsor, which just happened to be the employer of a former, ummm, mutual friend.  The operative word being former.  So I pointed at the post with my foot to draw it to Jo's attention, and simultaneously, we said, "Fuck you."  To the post.  And shared a good belly laugh.  We hadn't thought about him in a long time.  There's a very complicated, strange story about that, but not worth telling right now.

Then, when we got in her car to leave, JoJo asked me if I thought she should wait in her car at the crosswalk until asshole-on-bike came by.  So she could run over him.  I mentioned vehicular homicide, and that it would be premeditated if she sat in her car and waited.  That as much as I liked her, I wouldn't want to perjure myself for her.  And we laughed again about her unexpected bout of road rage.

We got back to my house and sat on the patio all afternoon.  Her friend M called so we invited her to stop by.  We painted our fingers and toes, designed tattoos, and did lotsa trash-talking.  A fun day.

So here I sit.  Another Saturday night.  In my Enchanted Aerie.  Blogging.  With the Bulimic Cat for company.  Which I don't mind, actually.  I'm tired.  Which isn't such a bad feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment