Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nurturing

I think there's an undercurrent of competitiveness.  I want The Daddler to love me just as much as the Golden Child.  The baby.  Deb.  I don't cart him around to Sam's and the barber shop and Ghengis Grill, but I manage to scare up some quasi-home-cooked meals now and then.

Soooo, I made a special trip to the grocery store today to buy beef stew meat and the rest of the ingredients.  I'm cheating and using the most amazing McCormick mix.  It comes with a bag and the seasoning and good directions.  It's a short-cut, but it still takes a good 45 minutes of prep time if you use fresh veggies (not frozen), plus 1 1/2 hours in the oven.  I made Good Seasons salad dressing (the best) and buttermilk cornbread.  Southern Living had a recipe that looked good.  It had 1/4 cup sugar, and I think that's better than what I've been doing.

My future mother-in-law invited us to come to dinner tonight.  The D doesn't want to go, but I do.  And since I'm giving him a veritable feast, I won't mind leaving him home alone.  Except I think there's a big game since Atlanta and St. Louis are tied for the wild card.  It's time for me to start watching.  I hope I can go to the World Series before I die.  Spring training would be good, too.  Wonder how far the Grapefruit League is from FF's home in FL.  Only problem is that he's not a baseball fan.

Time to check on cornbread and beef stew.  All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment