Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, June 10, 2013

Hell hath no fury...

...like me.  When it comes to Comcrap.

After four weeks of fucking with those idiots, I still haven't resolved the problem (namely, the two-plus years of double billing.)  Sooo, this morning, I talked with a friend who's a partner at their audit firm (since clearly they are the Enron of the 2000-teens - what do you call this decade?)  After that, I talked to an attorney in the SEC's fraud department.  By the way, she hates Comcast, too.  Funny, huh?  She told me how to file a complaint there, and said I should also file one with the FCC.  The forms are hot off the press.

Then, I called Comcast's legal compliance department.  Of course, I had to leave a message - they can't be bothered with answering the phone.  Maybe instead of calling the Routine Requests and Information Line, I should've tried the Imminent Loss of Life or Body Injury line.  Which might have been appropriate considering the extremely violent thoughts I've been having.

So, between Deloitte and Touche (the auditors), the SEC and FCC, and extortion, I should get some results soon.  Actually, extortion isn't the right term, unless you consider threats to hire the shadiest attorney I can find to sue the defendant for a bazillion dollars in both criminal and civil courts.  And to make the talk show circuit, appear on national news and Court TV (Nancy Grace is a close, personal friend of mine,) unless I'm well compensated for financial, emotional, and physical (my cortisol levels are surging,) damages.  Of course, I'll be subtle about how I express my willingness to cut a deal, given that they have what I'm sure is a huge in-house counsel department, and they'd slap a counter-suit on me as quickly as you can say "Bob's your uncle."  On the other hand, it would be a pain in the ass for them to have to deal with the SEC and FCC.  And their auditors.

Wow.  Do I sound like a lunatic?  If so, it's all Comcast's fault.

Now, for something positive.  The Daddler left for Gatlinburg at 5:45 this morning.  He's going with two brothers and their wives.  This is the very first time I will have been home alone since we became roommates.  Kiddo is in NYC for his internship, so I am footloose and fancy free.  I'm closing the kitchen - it's peanut butter sammiches for me for the next five days.  I can walk around nekkid, play the stereo as loud as I want, and have wild parties if I want.  The possibilites are endless.

On that note, I shouldn't be wasting time on this silly blog.  Adventure awaits me.  And hopefully, justice...

No comments:

Post a Comment