Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Comcrap Saga Continues

I finally have their attention.  Yesterday, I got a call from someone named Angie in the corporate escalation team.  She actually has a brain and a heart.  Unlike most of the other Scarecrows and Tin Men I've been dealing with. 

She and her supervisor are working on my account, and she seemed sincere about that.  Said it looks really strange and is clearly wrong, and that they're going back to inception.  I'm still skeptical, but she gave me her direct dial number.  I used it this morning and it actually worked.  Without a trace of the fucking phone tree.  I called to tell her that my incoming email hasn't worked in three days.  The outgoing, since June 13th.  Yesterday when I mentioned that problem, she told me she'd have a tech guy (who is "Great!), give me a call today.  I left a voice mail since she works from 11 to 7.  Weird thing.  When I was winding up my lengthy message, I blurted out, "Love ya," same as I say to my best friends.  Caught myself, too late, and so tried to back-pedal, which resulted in a very weird message, with lots of cringing.

"Oops, I didn't mean that...  Thought I was talking to one of my friends...  Not that you couldn't be my friend...  I don't love you...  But I do like you..  Or at least I will if you can fix my problem.  Still, you seem like a nice person...  Over time, I may grow to love you, but I don't want to rush things." (Ok, I made that last thing up, but most of the rest is true.)...  I said I wasn't good and awake yet, that my message was weird, that she should ignore it, and have a great day...  Cringe, cringe, cringe.

I guess it's understandable, though, since she's thrown me a lifeline.  That, or I'm getting Stockholm Syndrom.  The same thing, really.

Whatever it is, I'm actually feeling hopeful.  And I'm planning to get hardwood floors to replace my urine stained, alizarin crimson acrylic paint stained, shredded in the corners carpet.  Because I'm certain I'm gonna get a big fat check to compensate me for my time and severe emotional pain and suffering.  And because I'm going to extort them with the SEC and FCC complaints.  Don't worry, though.  I'll do it in a subtle way.  I know they have a huge in-house counsel department, but what judge would rule against me?    In fact, I could slap them with a countersuit, and with any luck, the judge would hate them, too.  Just like the SEC attorney I talked to.  Besides, I'm sure they have plenty to keep their lawyers busy, including the class action lawsuits I read about.

Stay tuned for the next episode...

No comments:

Post a Comment