Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday So Far

Strange start to my day. Had a weird dream. Probably from that jar of baby kosher dills I ate before bed last night. Thankfully, almost no calories, but lots of sodium. I’m a little puffy this morning.
About the dream. A toddler was looking for his mother in a supply closet somewhere and I picked him up and carried him up and down Madison Avenue looking for his mother. I asked a lady what I should do and she looked at him and said “Look up to the trees. Your mother is in the leaves and branches. In the wind and the sunshine.” When she started waving her arms like a rainbow, I backed away. Then the toddler and I wound up walking right into a shootout and unfortunately, the child served as a human shield for me. While the paramedics were scraping up the dead and wounded, the po-po approached me and asked about the child. I explained about his missing mother and they said it was good we were there because they followed his eyes and he saw his mother with the perp, leaving the scene of the crime. They even replayed the surveillance tape for me in slo-mo. Shit. His mother wouldn’t be back to claim him and I’d be stuck with him. Luckily though, since kiddo was a material witness, the police took him off my hands. Still, I was sad for him. But relieved. I couldn’t handle a toddler AND The Daddler.
I’m all about dream interpretation. Missing mother (mine died in October), causing me to take care of the toddler (Daddler). The human shield thing has to do with my evil former sister (long, long story) and way too much Law & Order (I love Vincent D'Onofrio). The similarities end there.
I woke up with a start, and it was exactly 5:00. Odd that it was the very same moment Becky and Joe start Squawk Box.
I stumbled to the bathroom and the tie to my robe fell into the toilet. Ugh.
Just now, Joe Kernan said Ford (one of my favorite stocks) released earnings and missed the consensus by a mile. Dammit. Luckily I’m not too heavy in it. Might buy some more if it drops much today. I’m a contrarian when it comes to investing. And a few other things. Like the evil sister. She’s a control freak and she got so pissed off when I didn’t follow her orders. Like refusing to put The D into assisted living 2 ½ hours away (conveniently, in her city). I promised Mother he’d live with me. And in spite of all my flaws, I keep my promises. And I do love The D. He’d die of a broken heart if he had to move to assisted living.
Now I should get busy. Client meetings this afternoon and tomorrow. Not ready at all. Luckily, I work well under pressure. I’m extremely deadline oriented. Which is my clever way of making my horrible procrastination sound like a good thing.
It’ll be a long, busy day, so I’ll probably have lots to report in tonight’s recap. Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment