Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wednesday - Part II

The rest of the day wasn't so terrible. My bartender/biz-degreed interviewee stood me up at Panera, but I picked up lunch for The D, so not a total loss. Brought it home and he said it was too early but he ate it anyway. Then Shernitra's replacement came. He was mad. Shook his fist at me behind her back. He'll just have to get over it. She's really sweet - a self-professed neat freak. She even sorts the laundry before she does it – maybe my whites won’t be so dingy. Except she said she’s trying to cut back on her use of bleach, dammit. I think she sees my house as a project - a very good thing. She doesn't mind housework - says she likes to stay busy. And she’s cool with the F-word. I showed her my underwear drawer and told her how much I appreciate finding clean ones there. She didn't blink an eye. Love her already. She has a pomeranian - might ask her to bring it. The D loves dogs, but for some reason, he wasn't crazy about Shernitra's shih tzu. Said she was knocking fleas. I think he was right. Bulimic cat started scratching not long after.

Brenda, my contract helper for my biz stuff, came and helped me sift through stacks and stacks of papers. I had 8 big plastic bins labeled for each of my clients, and one for The D's stuff and my personal papers. Big relief. Not having to play twister any more. She came again this morning and I got her to buy the URL for my new LLC. It wasn't taken. Not surprised. That's when it helps to have a weird spelling of your name. Which reminds me, Shernitra's replacement has a weird spelling and it confuses me. I think I'm going to ask her if I can just call her T.

Back to Weds. Actually, it was pretty uneventful. I fell asleep on the sofa, woke up at 9:30. Summoned the strength to brush teeth & wash face. Maybe it was the Morning Citrus Burst Foaming Scrub that woke me way up. I listened to talk radio, and the topic somehow strangely intertwined Noah’s Ark, Intelligent Design, Egyptian artifacts found in the Grand Canyon, pyramids and some weird thing about their alignment with the sun, the Tower of Babel, why Egyptian cave paintings show women with alligator heads and the symbolism of serpents. It took me forever to fall asleep and then I overslept. Ok, that’s all for Wednesday.

Today was interesting, but nothing exciting. It’s only 4, though! That reminds me – gotta figure out supper for The D…

No comments:

Post a Comment