Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, July 29, 2011

Frantic Friday

My insomnia is raging. That doesn't help my focus. After a really productive day Wednesday, I had another one of those ADD-fueled, extremely scattered days yesterday. It didn't help that I had to go to Sam's Club under duress. That's a blog post unto itself. I'm sitting here right now with cortisol and caffiene coursing through my veins. Worried about how much I have to accomplish between now and my regular Saturday afternoon client meeting.

Speaking of blood vessels, we have another test on The D's heart today. This one takes 2 1/2 hours, so that shoots the afternoon. If I could think about it sooner than five minutes before we need to walk out the door, I could figure out some work to take with me. I usually take 10 pounds of magazines. The thought of having nothing to occupy my mind terrifies me.

The other day, there was a soap opera on the TV in the waiting room. No one was watching it. Except maybe the receptionists. So I didn't ask them to change it because I didn't want to remain in waiting-room purgatory any longer than necessary. Instead I sat and tried to tune out the hysterical wailing and gnashing of teeth by the poor, perfectly coiffed and made-up addict in the throes of withdrawal while the other woman (who could have been her half-sister, evil stepmother, brother's girlfriend, or all of the above) confronted her about her addiction. They were both chewing the scenery. It was disturbing. Today I'll try to remember to take my MP3 player.

Ok, I'm gonna get back to work now. Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment