Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

...It's off to the urologist I go. The D wears me out when he has a doctor's appointment. Yesterday it was the cardiologist (took a good four hours - time I did NOT have to spare). As soon as he gets up, he starts asking me when we're going to leave. This happens about every 30 minutes. It can be crazy-making.

Then we have the drive. He's like a GPS with an attitude. I'll leave it at that except to say I made no fewer than three U-turns yesterday. His blood pressure was elevated when the cardio nurse took it. Now I'm supposed to start monitoring it. Great.

Today will be awkward given the nature of the problem. He says it's better but Sarita has seen some evidence to the contrary, including a new, unrelated problem. I can't go into that here, but I'll try to ask a few questions in the car. That works pretty well because there's no need to make eye contact.

Better run. The appointment is in 30 minutes and we've got two miles to go. But admittedly, parking takes a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment