Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Morning

Here it is. And I don't mind it one bit. After accomplishing next to nothing this weekend, I'm ready to get back in the saddle. I'll head to a client's office this morning and wait for a phone call from the cardiologist's nurse to tell me when to bring The Daddler in this afternoon for a pacemaker check. There's a chip in it and they can see exactly what it's been doing. We'll let them know the episode happened Saturday morning and they can take a look at it. I suppose they'll know if it was a mechanical problem. I'm thinking that's the best answer. If it's not a pulled muscle, which doesn't make sense to me.

The on-call nurse asked me what brand The D had. No idea. She said to check the card in his wallet. She asked me if it was Medtronic. It was Boston Scientific. I asked her if there'd been a problem with a certain brand, and she said no, but I'm not sure I believe her. If there is a problem with the device, I wonder if they'll have to replace it. When we went for a checkup two weeks ago, they ran the usual test and said it looked good and the battery was fine. I asked them what happened when the battery runs down. Minor outpatient surgery. Ugh. Scary. On more than one level. The D's kind of a baby when it comes to being sick. I can't criticize because I'm every bit as bad, if not worse. But more than the idea of waiting on him hand and foot, is any surgery minor when you're 80 years old?

That's better than a problem with his heart, though. So if it's not the pacemaker, they'll run tests. Bloodwork. The enzymes show if there's been a heart attack. Lots of imaging, I suppose. A stress test, maybe. We've been through all this before. He has some blockage in one of his coronary arteries, but it wasn't bad enough to do anything about at the time. After all these milkshakes I've been giving him, I'm feeling a little guilty. How bad is bad enough to do surgery? That would be really risky, I'm sure. But he's pretty tough. Well, I'm not gonna go there. He cannot die. I'm not ready for that. I'm not over Mother. Guess I never will be.

Ok, I already have some work emails to answer and cash balances to check. An investment report to do before the market opens. And I need to undo a stupid decision I made this weekend. Should be doable, but I'll feel better when it's done. Too stupid to blog about.

Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment