Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

That Damn Cat, 15 minutes later.

Just as soon as I ended my last post, I headed to my bathroom and was greeted by a nice pile of cat vomit right in front of my sink. Luckily, I saw it. Stepping in cat puke isn't my favorite way to start the day. I did my thing and headed downstairs, all the way surrounded by the little feline town crier.
Except instead of "Hear Ye, Hear Ye", her frantic meows were meant to say "Feed Me, Feed Me." Sure enough, her bowl was down to a few morsels. Not counting the ones she carelessly knocks to the floor. I think I'm going to get a hog trough and fill it up with 50 pounds of Purina One for Sensitive Systems. Fat lot of good that shit does.

Wow, I'm in such a foul mood. I think I'll do my morning investment report and go for a run, even though I don't have much energy. Another cuppa might help that. I have a 2:00 meeting, but I'm not feeling frantic about that. There's nothing life or death. Just gonna meet with a salesman and a client to whom I've recommended his services. He'll do all the heavy lifting. And hopefully bring more swag. Not that I need any, but I can always use an extra flash drive.

Oh, one last funny thing. Yesterday, I got an email from my parents' elder law attorney. All it contained was a link to a penile enlargement site. Good for a laugh. And much better than another bill. Not that I expected that - we're all paid up. Obviously, dude needs to install/update his anti-virus software. Later on, of course, he sent an email telling everyone not to open the link. As if. When I told my friend L about it, she explained to me that it was probably a virus. Please, L, give me a little credit. She's such a maven. (Sorry for the sarcasm.)

Gotta run. My mood's improving with my coffee intake. Sarita's coming today, and that helps, too. Oh, and no Saturday client meeting this week, so I can actually start my weekend Friday evening. Maybe I can figure out something fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment