Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Enough is Enough, The Sequel

Oh my.  It only got worse yesterday.  I was talking on the phone and climbing over the baby gate which keeps Lucy from terrorizing Beulah the Cat and eating all her food.  My shoe caught on the gate and I did a great little header.  Actually, a big one.  My head smacked the door frame and I landed on my knee and my hand.  Yep - the one that's already in a cast.  The phone went flying into the laundry room and I was sprawled out, assessing the damage.  Sarita was standing right there and she launched into angel-of-mercy-mode.  She picked up the phone and told my friend what had happened, and told her to get over here right away.  My friend was an orthpaedic nurse back in the day - how serendipitous.

My head is still really sore, and when I went for my follow up visit to my ortho doc today, they refused to x-ray my skull, so I made him feel it to see if it was cracked.  He thought I was ok.  He got confused about the second fall (yesterday), and hadn't even looked at my hip x-ray.  When I explained about the baby gate and my aching hip, he poked around and said he'd let me know if anything looked damaged on the x-ray.  I told him it was probably my inflamed bursa, and he asked me if I wanted another injection, and I told him the other ones hadn't helped, so no.

They removed my cast, which smelled like sour funk.  My little finger is still really swollen, and I could see the ends of the two pins sticking out of my hand.  I asked the doc if he could pull them out without a second surgery and he said no.  I asked him why he couldn't just use tweezers.  He said it would take pliers.  I showed him the blister between my index and middle fingers and told him that I could've lost my fingers when they swelled inside the cast with no place to go.  He laughed at me.  I was serious.  I asked him if my next cast could leave those two fingers free.  He said it could but that the cast would rub against my middle finger and bother me.  I told him my livelihood was at stake if I couldn't use my computer and that I didn't care.

I asked him if I could wash my hands with soap and water before I got my new cast.  He said sure.  He was standing in the hall when I was trying to get soap out of the dispenser and it wouldn't come, so I got a little rough and the cover popped off.  Loudly.  He looked at me and made some comment about my being accident prone.  I finally got soap and water and it felt so good and clean.  I have my new cast - I chose Carolina blue, and I can actually hold a pen.  And my typing's much faster!  So it's all good.  Maybe I can even paint.  I've been jonesin' for a little creativity.

Last but not least, I had another strange dream last night.  A continuation of the one from the night before.  It picked up when I headed to the wedding reception and it was winding down.  I decided to get something to eat, and lo and behold, there was a picked-over suckling pig.  There he was, complete with the apple in his mouth.  And slathered in barbeque sauce.  I wondered if that was why I couldn't find FF, and I felt, for a moment, like Charlotte, except a day late and a dollar short with my web.  Just as well, because we all know how it ended for her.

P.S.  Never do a Google image search for "roast suckling pig."  It'll make you want to join PETA and become a vegan.  Or at least, keep kosher...

No comments:

Post a Comment