Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Writer's Block

I have it.  Because I have nothing to tell.  I've spent the entire weekend on the sofa, nursing my wounds.  Every time the Lortab wears off, my hand starts throbbing like a mo-fo.  And I have absolutely no pain threshold.  I finally removed the clunky removable splint.  For good.  Well, except for during my trip to Lowe's.  I had to start the ignition with my left hand, but luckily, I could still change gears with my right hand.

I felt self conscious going out in public, but luckily, my bangs are long enough to cover up the damage from my face plant.  I look kinda like Two Face from Batman.  And most of my right hand is a lovely blue/purple/green hombre and my little finger looks like a plump sausage.  Ugh.  I'm dreading surgery Thursday.  And then again in six weeks, to remove the pins.  I wonder what would happen if I just skipped the surgery.  I might just ask about that.  It's just my little finger, after all.  And right now, I can still type without too much pain.  Without the splint.  When I have a cast, I'll really be helpless.  I am soooo right-hand dominant.

While I was at Lowe's, I bought a For Rent sign to put in the yard at my other house.   And some pansies and cilantro and lots of seeds for The Daddler to plant.  He seemed pleasantly surprised.  I'm thinking of tilling up some of our yard beyond the fence.  Our property line is 20 feet beyond the fence, and that's the only place we'll be able to get enough sun to grow veggies. 

Well, I'm sure this isn't the least bit interesting, so I'm gonna head back to the sofa.  It's probably time to do another load of clothes.  Play Words With Friends.  And snuggle up with my sweet Lucy Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment