Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Little Things

Even though I have lots of work to do this weekend (the tax deadline is looming, after all), I'm transitioning into my weekend.  My favorite time of the week:  Friday night!

In about an hour, I'll walk 5 houses down to my BFF's abode to have a girl's night in.  Her hub and daughter are going to dinner and the theater, so we'll have the house and the hot tub to ourselves.  Pure bliss.

Since I've had such a good week, I thought I'd do that thing I do when I come back from vacation.  List, in no particular order, all the things I want to remember.  It's amazing how happy it makes me when I look back at those posts.  I'm thinking of last summer in Panacea, FL; Baltimore/Ocean City, and Boston. So, here goes...


...renting my old house to my new best friend...planting rosemary and oregano from cuttings, and basil from seeds...finding incredible bargains on hyacinths, tulips, daffodils and orchids, and sharing them with my friends - Deb, Angela, Dana, Sarita, Peggy, Ruth and Meg...planting beautiful shamrocks (purple and green) given to me from Ruth's garden...finding white bratwurst at Kroger after searching for months...getting enough exercise to make my muscles really sore, in that good way...seeing my scale reflect my newfound self-control...hearing The Daddler doing his silly baby-talk to Lucy and consistently calling her "he"...watching Jeopardy and sweeping a category...sleeping on my new, crisp, white, cotton sheets with a chilly breeze coming through my open windows...finding and eating really good navel oranges...getting a sweet text from Kiddo in response to mine...remembering my ex-husband's birthday and liking him enough to call and tell him "Happy Birthday"...running into someone who'd broken my heart and coming to peace with what happened...giving up hope for capturing FF's heart, and knowing that it's his loss...knowing that I can make myself happy even if I never find my Prince Charming...and that I don't need rescuing...

Ok, that's enough.  Time to get moving. I'm all icky from my run and gardening.  Gonna hop in the shower and head down the street.  Fix The D some din-din first. Wipe that goop out of Lucy's eyes and kiss her on the snout.  And hope this happy mood and incredible weather last a little while longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment