Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What a way...

...to start my morning.

The dog peed on the carpet.  After I cleaned that up, I called the no-count roofer who put a new roof on my house two years ago.  Apparently, he did a crappy job, if it's leaking so soon.  I've had to call him three times.  He was a no-show twice, and then he came Saturday while I wasn't home.  The Daddler said he brought "some ole' girl" and that they looked like they were casing the joint.  I need to check my jewelry box.  All he did was look in the attic and say he'd be back.  Right.

When I called this morning, I explained that I was getting impatient and that I wanted the roof fixed before it rains again, i.e. today, since it's supposed to rain tomorrow.  He made some excuse about the roof being too wet to get up on it Saturday.  I asked if he could come today after 4:00, so I'd be sure to be here, and he said no.  I asked him when he could come, and he said he was trying to get 15 men ready to start a job and he didn't have his calendar.  I told him that if he'd done what he said he was going to do, it wouldn't be a problem.  I asked him when he was going to call me back to schedule and he said in an hour.  I told him I expected to hear from him by 8:30.  He kept calling me by my first name, which I thought was inappropriate, and was very rude to me.  Wrong thing to do.  I'm mad as a wet hen.  Hell hath no fury...

When The D got up a few minutes ago, I told him what had happened, and he said he wouldn't have "that ole' boy back."  Which made me think that if he did such a shoddy job putting it up, he'd probably do a worse job repairing it, especially since he wouldn't make any money doing it.  So I decided to follow The D's advice.  I'm going to call the roofer I've used at my old house.  Pay him to fix it and do a thorough inspection.  Then I'm going to file a complaint with BBB and give him a terrible review on Angie's list and take him to small claims court for breach of contract.  And I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that he won't be calling back before 8:30.  If at all.

I get so sick of getting jerked around by these repairmen.

I'm going to take a deep breath, look for my yoga DVD, and reboot my day.  I'm getting my hair done today - the works - so that'll help, I'm sure.

Better get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment