Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Catalyst, Part I

Just this week, it dawned on me that as hard as these last 11 months have been, my life is better for it.  The Daddler has been an agent of change for me.  A catalyst.

Too many things to cover in one post, so I'll just choose one.  Boston.  I never would've had my wonderful trip to Boston if not for The D.  Because I'd never have gone to the senior center.  So I never would've met FF's parents.  Which means I never would've met FF.  Which means I wouldn't have gone to Boston.

On the other hand, if you believe in fate, soul mates, crap like that, you could argue that I might've decided to go to Boston to escape the heat and just happened to run into Mr. Man.  Or that eventually, he'd be home for the holidays and I'd bump into him at Fresh Market.  But remember, I'm good at sending those "Don't waste your time asking" nonverbal signals.  He is, however, quite fearless.  So who knows?

I like to think of it as good Karma.  A little reward for not smacking Daddy when he's awful to me. 

Back to Boston.  I've always wanted to go there.  A year or so ago, I was even invited to go.  Sadly, though, that invitation never materialized.  Just as well.  I might've had to cancel.  That was around the time Mother got sick.  After that, it's a blur.  And ultimately, no matter what happens with FF, exploring Boston with him was pretty perfect.  He's a savvy traveler.  Very protective.  Funny.  Adventurous.  What more could you want?  Maybe someone who could stay awake past 10:00?  A small thing.

I got to see Fenway.  Sweet surprise from Dude.  Wow.  He found my Achilles Heel.  Damn him.

Ok, I could go on and on, but I won't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment