Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Feeling Better

I had an amazing night's sleep.  Wow, what a difference that makes.  I feel a little feverish, but I'm still ready to tackle the world.  Or at least some things around the Good House.  First, though, I'm heading over to the Daddler's church next door.  They have lunch after church once per month.  Today is meatloaf, purple hull peas, and other good stuff I can't remember.  They are so incredibly sweet to us.  They mow the part of our lawn outside our fence.  There's an extra 15 feet on the side and 20 feet in the back and every time I mow the lawn, I'm so very thankful I don't have to tackle that.  The D loves it there.  We have a regular Sunday morning routine now.  I sit on the sofa, read the paper, and watch CBS Sunday Morning with him, and he comes back and forth as he's getting ready for church.  He always tells me he's not going to wear a coat and tie.  That's a change for him.  Then around 9:30 he shows me his watch and asks me if it's time for him to go.  Sunday School starts at 9:45 and I usually send him on his way around 9:40.  It always makes me sad when he's confused about the time.  He never misses Dr. Oz, though.

Deb's coming over later and we're going to take The D to see his and Mother's empty house so we can get his ok to put it on the market.  I haven't seen it since Deb got everything out and dumped the stuff on my carport, where the boxes are still sitting.  I have a feeling we're going to all feel very depressed. Soooo, I had the bright idea of heading to the Humane Society afterwards and looking at dogs.  I'll try to get one who's used to cats but I can always put up a baby gate and keep Bulimic Cat in my EA.  I'm hoping we can get one on approval and if it doesn't work out, we can take it back.  We'll see.

Ok, it's time to head across the field for lunch with The Daddler.


No comments:

Post a Comment