Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, August 29, 2011

Daddler Update

I did laundry last night.  A white load.  It takes a while to accumulate whites, for some reason.  I was dismayed when I saw The D's underwear.  He's kept me posted on the problem with his plumbing.  The urologist said it would take up to three months for the prostate-microwave procedure to work.  So I wasn't worried.  Until I saw what I saw.  Blood.  Or I should say, blood-tinged urine.  Dark enough to worry me though.  I asked The Daddler about it this morning and he confirmed what I already knew.

So, as soon as the office opens, I'll get on the horn to the urologist.  I have a feeling they'll want to do another urinalysis to rule out infection.  He seems to be feeling fine even though the incontinence thing is bothersome.  He won't wear the pads I bought.  I don't blame him.

On another note, I'm happy to report that he finally has grab bars in his bathroom.  I bought them when he first came to live with me at the old house, and my procrastination paid off because we never put them up there.  My dear ex-brother-in-law came over yesterday and installed them.  Deb came and helped decide where to put them.  It was a group decision.  My only involvement was to take the bars out of the box before we made up our minds.  The Daddler had strong preferences.  Actually, I had opinions, too, but the four of us reached consensus without any conflict.  Amazing.  I think The D was nicer to me because of ex-b-in-law. 

About that, Deb's ex and mine are so kind and helpful.  Waaaayyy more than the man who's currently married to Emotional Vampire Former Sister from Hell.  My parents detested him.  He's an Asshole with a capital A.  Actually, it should be all caps for emphasis.  ASSHOLE.  You get the idea.  My ex-husband isn't much of a handyman, but he is an ubermensch.  We get along so well.  In fact, he was here Friday night and watched a little baseball with The D and me.  He lives within a mile and that's really good.  Especially when Kiddo's here.  Hey, maybe I could ask him to stay with The D at night when I go to Baltimore to see my girl Melanie later this month.  I am so ready to get away.

One more thing about the exes.  I gave ex-b-in-law a small check - put it by his keys and cell phone.  When I came into my office last night, he'd left it on my desk with a note saying simply, "We're family."  Wow.

Glad I decided against EJ, the dog.  I've got enough pee to worry about right now without adding to it.

Better run.  I need to get ready for a funeral.  All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment