Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

3:00 to 4:19 a.m.

Since I went to bed at 7:30 last night, I woke up at 3:00 am. Actually, I woke up at 11:00 pm but thought the clock was wrong and managed to go back to sleep. So I've had lots of sleep.

It looks like the House Boat has been through an earthquake, a flood and has been ransacked by burglers.

I went downstairs and played twister to get through the den. Wended my way to the kitchen and grabbed a Coke Zero. Then made a bee-line to The Daddler's living room. Recliner, check. Big-ass tv, check. Room to walk, check. Cable working, nope. Grabbed every remote in the house and started pushing buttons. Didn't work. Gave up and called Comcast and got Alex in Mexico - major trouble understanding him. I won't go into the details. I'll just say in the course of instructing Alex and extracting the right code from him. I asked him no fewer than 15 times for a different code - one with five digits, not three. Finally he coughed it up. It worked. Victory at last.

Blog break. Back to it. Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the experience. Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.


    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations