Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Better...

...at long last. I feel calm for a change. Ready to take on a few more challenges. I've already made my daily Comcast call to program The D's remote. I think he starts pushing buttons and messes it up. This time I wrote down the code, so maybe today will be the last call. Called the newspaper and they switched the address and even said they'd bring one by House Boat this morning.

Actually, the Boat's finally ashore.

I just watched part of the Royal Wedding. It reminds me of Chuck and Di's. Long time ago. I remember getting up at the crack o'dawn for that. I'm gonna get ready and head to my good friend, Linda's, for a Royal Breakfast. We're supposed to wear a tiara or something regal, but I'm at a loss. Kate's "something borrowed" was my tiara, so I'll just have to go unadorned. Too bad about the move - she gave my invitation to some commoner since I couldn't go.

Ok, I'm really not delusional. The nice thing was that this is the first time in a long time that a wedding didn't make me sad. This is not a hint, in case you're reading, Mr. Man. Well, maybe just a little one.

Better run. Later...

2 comments:

  1. In case you lose the remote codes, here is the link where you can get codes for your TVs, DVDs, etc.

    ComcastMark
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete