Welcome to my world!
My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...
Friday, April 1, 2011
These are a Few of My Favorite Things...
When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
Yesterday, the dog bit and the bee stung, and I felt sad. Today's been so much better. Because I had a few of my favorite things. Here goes:
- I slept until 9:30
- I didn't have to leave the house
- I finally finished a client's LLC tax return - no small feat
- My long lost friend, Jennifer, dropped by unexpectedly
- Sarita was here - she always makes me happy
- The D loved his dinner - pork tenderloin with my special sauce (I'll share it with you some time), my incredible mashed potatoes, green beans and a fruit and yogurt parfait. He pronounced it "Good" - that's like a five star Michelin rating.
- My fantasy fiance Skyped me last night, for the first time ever. Even played the guitar and sang for me. Gotta love that. I don't think I'll be so nervous when he finally materializes.
Oh. Favorite things. Here they are, in no particular order.
Green olives. Kalamata olives. Gardenias. Home grown tomatoes. Jeans that fit just right. Sandals. Pedicures. Bubble baths. Getting magazines in the mail. Getting unexpected checks in the mail (one from United Health today - no clue why). My fav stock going up 4.83% in one day. Sunshine. Dogwoods in bloom. Azaleas, too.
Hope your weekend is filled with your favorite things.
Posted by Carol at 7:09 PM