Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

DHS (Department of Human Services)

...Do they take old people? Would I get charged with Willful Neglect or Elder Abuse or Capital Murder if I snapped and then snapped his neck? I have a feeling he'd snap mine instead. Then he could go live with bitch from hell. She'd pitch him into a nursing home. I think he knows that. So I doubt he'll call DHS or the Po Po. Or snap my neck.

Actually, it could be worse. We could've lost power. Or been hit by a meteor. So I won't complain about House Boat. Or the lake I'm in.

I'm utterly exhausted. As soon as frat boys get back with whatever the hell is left at old house, I'm going to empty my pockets of cash for them and head to bed. The fuckin' home warranty contract MF plumbers didn't show up. It appears my bathroom wall will have to be sawed into. Major job. 500 lb. plumber apprentice came earlier and I knew more than he did. I had to convince him that this was a complicated job. And not to feel bad - my plumber didn't know what was wrong. He waddled out and said they'd be back between 12 and 4. It's 6 now. No plumber. I'm not surprised.

I am surprised, however, that I'm calm. IDGAF.

Trying to decide whether to attend client webinar tomorrow. I probably should. I can make a little money (haven't done that all week) and preserve my sanity by getting the hell away from The Daddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment