Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Everything's Fine

The D's test results from the urologist were negative. Which is positive. I've always thought that was confusing.

I'm getting excited about my trip to Boston. Lots to do before I go, but I always manage.

The ironing board fell on me last night (don't ask), but luckily I didn't have any trouble running today. On the bright side, I'll have a nice, new colorful bruise on my leg to take the place of the one I had in Florida three weeks ago. At least this one's in the back. I wish I had a graceful bone in my body. My girl Jo is just as bad. I call her Divot-Head. She tripped and fell over her dog or something and is permanently scarred right in the middle of her forehead. But then I have the big scars on my chin and shoulder and knee from my face-plant on the Green Line last summer. We're dangerous.

My kitchen sink got invaded by ants. Luckily I was able to find the bug spray. Ick. It makes me itch just thinking about it.

I can't wait to see FF. I get there about 30 minutes before he does so we'll meet at the baggage claim. I'll never hear the end of checking a bag. I usually don't, but I'll need more than shorts and swimsuits this time. He was relieved when I told him that the BoSox don't have any home games while we're there. What a curmudgeon. There's something about him that makes me want to rough him up. Wrestle him to the ground. I can't explain it. The only thing I can figure is that when I'm around him, I feel like a goofy kid. Probably because he's goofier. In fact, it's a fierce competition to see who can be smarter and funnier and sillier. I'm smiling just thinking about it.

On that note, I'm gonna call it a day. I need to get my rest so I can be in top form in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment