Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Not a Genius...

Client's tax accountant called to say my idea was good, but wouldn't work. But I tried. I've been going through things with a fine-tooth comb, looking for deductions. I've actually done pretty well. I swear, though, there's SOOOO much detail. I'm going to ask for a reprieve. Gotta figure out the best way to do this. Since I'm going to Boston a week from tomorrow, it'll be a couple weeks between meetings. Client's really busy with work, though (huge June 30 deadline), so I have a feeling he'll be ok with waiting to reconvene. I think I've improved my credibility. Plus, I'm going to tell him that I'm forsaking all others. Clients, that is. That should count for something. Which reminds me. I need to prepare my May invoice. Since I waived April, I could be agressive on May, but I'm thinking I need to wait until I Add The Value. I know, it's a cliche, but that really is what it's about.

The D is having a pee-pee problem. Made an appointment with the urologist today. I sweet-talked the receptionist and managed to get in Tuesday. That's a miracle for a new patient. Wanted to see the doc who's the brother of The D's cardio doc. Mentioned the whole UNC connection and how much we like bro and that he's one of the rare doc's who gives me his cell #. Then, somehow, found out that she has a little boy - 16 months old - and I milked that. Of course, any new mom loves to talk about her perfect child. He's a wild man, climbs everything, has an Irish name (Irish dad), red curly hair and beautiful blue eyes. Like me, she has dark hair and brown eyes, so people wonder where the boy came from. I stopped short of sharing childbirth stories. She had to put me on hold no fewer than five times, and apologized each time. Sweet. I'm shameless, I know.

She asked me if he had leakage. I said I hadn't seen stains on his undies. He just said he has problems cutting it off at the end. So weird to talk about that with one's father. I prefer the poop convo's. No burning or pain, so that's good. He's probably overdue for a PSA.

Ok, I'd better get back to the grind. Or not. Angela's gonna call me when she's headed home. I think I'll walk to her house and hang out at the pool. Oh, just realized I need to feed The D.

I think I'm gonna call it a day and just plan to get up early for my 1:30p meeting.

Oh. One last thing. I told my client's tax accountant about the mother-fucker mailman thing, and he said I shouldn't worry. That the IRS had loosened up and he'd even sent his the day after, with no penalties. Good to know. I've resisted running out and chewing idiot postal worker's ass when I see him. Probably for the best.

All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment