Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Serenity Now!

My little sis, Deb, told me she was going boating with some relatives today. They just bought a boat and named it Serenity Now. Apparently, I missed that episode of Seinfeld. I just watched a couple clips from YouTube, and those were hilarious, so hopefully, I'll get a chance to watch it online this weekend. I think I can do that on the TBS website.

Here's the gist of it, according to Wikipedia:

Frank Costanza is advised to say "serenity now" aloud every time his blood pressure is in danger of going up, but he yells it instead.

This episode's plot was inspired by real-life events in the life of writer Steve Koren. While driving with his arguing parents, Koren was bewildered to hear his father shout "Serenity now!" at the top of his lungs as part of a rage controlling exercise and questioned whether or not the phrase was meant to be screamed.

Maybe I should try "serenity now" instead of "fuck this shit." Hopefully, I won't need either one this weekend. I certainly used it plenty yesterday after dealing with too much shit. In the form of asshats I've been dealing with. But I figured out some solutions and I'm feeling much more in control. Significantly less anxious. Maybe even serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment