Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Life is Good

I got through my client meeting this afternoon. Passed with flying colors. Had good news re tax return - I found some money we'd have left on the table. More work to do, but I'm close. Gave him some great reports he's been wanting. I think I've restored his confidence.


I broke the news about my upcoming trip to Boston. With Mr. Man. We don't talk much about my personal life. It's a professional relationship, but there's a friendship of sorts. I'm crazy about his wife and since I go to their house most Saturdays, I get to see her. And I know his sweet family. Including the precious grandchildren. As it happens, my car is identical to their daughter-in-law's, so when kiddos see me drive up, they get excited, then confused to see someone else emerge from their mama's car.

They've been so understanding about my sitch with The D. They've been through it with their parents.

And it turns out that the timing of my trip to Bean Town is perfect because client has huge deadline the day I return. Maybe I should tell Dude that I can never go anywhere during the first half of the month. This worked out perfectly.

This morning, we talked about what to bring. We discussed computers. We decided we'd go commando. But then I realized that I need to check investments, bank balances, etc. I had the bright idea of transferring a chunka change so I'd have a cushion for anything unexpected. Client was agreeable.

Still. It's been so very long since I've been totally disconnected from everything. I remember our cruise to the eastern Caribbean, getting so frustrated with the very expensive, very slow internet service. And that was in the middle of the financial collapse. I detoxed after two days.

I have a feeling Dude won't have much patience with me in this department. On the other hand, while he's in CLE (all three hours of it), he won't know what I'm up to. Unless he reads my blog.

And I have to blog.

Deb took The D to his favorite BBQ place today. I guess he shrugged off Dr. Oz's advice about the evils of pork BBQ. She took him for a haircut. Now they're at Sam's. He loves going there. He buys muffins. Thank god I don't have to fix breakfast. I am, however, overdue to make french toast for him.

I just planted some green onions - the white part with the roots. Dude grows them in his office. He's such a weirdo. In a good way. I poked a few navy beans in the dirt with the onions. It'll be interesting to see if they sprout. I'm going to plant beans all around the miles of chain link fence. They are so fun. I swear, they grow six inches in one day. And it's so much fun to see their little tendrils curl around anything they can.

Ok, I'm gonna look for a hammer and start hanging things on the wall. I'm in a nesting mood.

But I have laundry to do. If I'm not careful, The D will run out of underwear. He needs new hankies. Wish I could make it to Sears.

My girl Jo is out of town, so no where to go on a Saturday night. Just as well. After getting up at the crack of dawn and doing intense accountanty work, I'm pretty exhausted. So the idea of staying in is a good one. I see a hot bath and a self-inflicted pedicure in my future.

Not bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment