Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm a Believer...

...in my new Oral B electric toothbrush.  Wow, it's amazing.  I thought two minutes of brushing would seem like forever, but I usually go two and a half or three.  I got mine at Sam's (two handles, no less) and sent in a rebate for 50% of the purchase price, so it'll wind up costing me $37 - can't beat that.  What makes it so much better than using a plain old toothbrush is that you can get behind your front teeth and behind your back molars.  I have the Floss Action heads, which come highly recommended.  They're expensive, but since they last three months, it's not bad.  I can really tell a difference in the way my teeth feel.

I'm not as crazy about my new WaterPik, but I haven't had a chance to experiment with all the different tips.  There are about 10 of them.  One to clean your tongue, even.  Now I have a four-step oral hygiene process.  Brushing, string flossing, WaterPik'ing, and mouthwash.  Not counting my occasional white strips and six-month cleanings.  Mother taught us to be religious about our dental checkups. 

I remember taking Kiddo to his first cleaning.  We went to a friend instead of a pediadontist because he knew our dentist.  Since he didn't have the kid-sized chairs, Kiddo sat in my lap in the chair.  He was about two years old.  Funny thing, he fell asleep during the cleaning.

He makes his own appointments now without my reminding him.  He started that as soon as he started driving.  It just happened to coincide with our dentist hiring a cute young hygenist.  I noticed that her breast bumps into my arm when she leans over.  I have a feeling that contributed to Kiddo's enthusiasm for his cleanings.  Whatever works.

I'm reveling in the cool weather.  It's 56 right now.  I'm sitting in front of my open window wearing my fluffy fleece tiger print robe.  My friend L got it for me.  It's totally out of character for me.  I'm kinda traditional.  L is not.  When Kiddo was home for Christmas, he asked me where I got it.  I told him, and he said, "That explains it."  Funny.  I'm loving it. 

As much as I'm looking forward to fall, I'm not looking forward to raking the leaves.  We have six huge oak trees.  Some of which are water oaks and willow oaks, which have many more, much smaller leaves.  That makes raking much harder.  I need to buy some sort of leaf vacuum.  Hopefully they don't cost a fortune.  If so, maybe I'll start a leaf sucking biz to pay for it.

In the meantime, I've got my accounting gigs to tend to.  Time to close out August books, so it's gonna be a busy few days.  Plus, I'm leaving for Ocean City in a couple weeks, so I've got a shitload to do before then.  Thank god the housekeeper's coming today.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment