Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, August 24, 2012

Hope Springs Eternal

After the first half of a sucky week, things are looking up.  I got a silly, part-time, temporary (from now through the holidays) gig.  I think it'll be fun, plus I can have my entire net pay withheld for federal income taxes, which might eliminate my need to make estimated payments.

I've managed to keep up my fitness frenzy.  I've logged at least 10 hours this week, walking and running and sweating on the Green Line and the streets of my hood.  In addition to shedding 10 pounds, I've acquired a tan of sorts.  Which makes it look like another four or five.  At the risk of sounding conceited, I'll say that my legs are lookin' fierce in my white shorts.  I still look like a geisha above my neck (layers and layers of SPF in my moisturizer, primer, foundation and powder), but I discovered bronzing powder (a benefit of my new gig), so I'm ok.

My social life is improving, but that's another post.  Or two or three.  The Daddler's doing fine.  Lucy is still demolishing everything in her sight, but at this point, I don't care.  I've locked Beulah, the Bulemic Cat, out of my boudoir, so my sleep is better, except for being awakened once or twice per night with her head-butting and desperate crying.  At least Lucy has settled into sleeping in her crate for the night.

So my Enchanted Aerie is pet-free, and I'm resting for a change.  Kiddo is settled at school.  No health or rental crises.  Who could ask for more?

Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment