Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, September 7, 2012

Wow...

I'm conflicted about how much to reveal here.  But for some reason, I feel the need to come clean.  I don't want this to turn into a dating blog (that's been done, ad nauseum), but the truth is, I'm "out there."  After a year and a half of pining away for FF (he is 550 miles away), I decided it was time to move on.  Actually, he decided to move on.  Which is cool.  He's the lawyer (I should've known better), but I had to give him the third degree about his sudden indifference.  Sure 'nuf, it was a local hussy (out of sight, out of mind).  Which was good.  I didn't feel rejected.  Love the one you're with, and all that crap.

He's smart and funny, talented and extremely witty.  He challenges me.  Plus, his parents like me - major plus.  I guess.  I think he worries about that.  He told me once that he's an open person.  I laughed.  A belly laugh.  I might've even pooted.  That's the true test.

Ok, since I'm out there, I have plans tonight.  Saturday, too.  I'm looking forward to tonight, but I have mixed feelings about tomorrow.  Tonight is 1st date, tomorrow is 2nd with a different guy.  I thought I'd ditched him, but he was persistent, and I believe in second chances, so I acquiesced.  After I demanded an apology for his poor manners.  He seems penitant.  He complied.  And agreed to my conditions.

Well, I just looked at the time.  I have a little more than an hour before I need to vamoose.  And lots to do in the meantime.  The Daddler's been fed, thank heavens.  I've already figured out my outfit (no small feat.)  So really, I should be fine.

Hopefully, tonight will be fun.  I hope I can remember his name, refrain from interrogating him and yawning (sleepless night).  I'll do my best not to poot or snort my drink if he makes me laugh.  Again, no small feat.

Better run.  Lots to do.

Over and out....

No comments:

Post a Comment