Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolutions

Why do I bother?  Maybe I should resolve to refrain from making resolutions.  I think that's one I could keep.  Instead, I'd be successful with these:  Play more Words With Friends.  Eat more fried foods and pizza.  Learn to like chicken wings and barbequed ribs.  Eat/drink/sleep/gossip more.  Is that possible?

I've started watching Breaking Bad.  Talk about carpe diem.  Which is disturbing to me.  But I think it's a good counterbalance to my predilection for Downton Abbey and Four Weddings and a Funeral.  James Taylor and John Denver.  The Flinstones and I Love Lucy.

Speaking of Lucy, I do love her.  So much.  My dog.  I took her to the vet today.  Her heartworm test was negative.  Such a relief.  She had blood drawn for that test, and then she got five shots.

She's been a little listless.  Have I mentioned that I love that sweet little canine creature? 

Better go.  I might have company tonight.  And there's a huge pile of xmas decorations on the floor in my den.  I'm so tired of playing twister.

Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment