Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hi-Ya!

It's official.  I'm a martial artist!  I took my first class yesterday.  In Taekwondo.  Don't f--- with me.  Because I learned how to punch, kick, jab and block.  I'm fearless.  Except I'm afraid of the situps.  Give me a mugger anyday.  Just don't make me work on my core.

I think I benefitted from my endless hours of yoga.  And watching boxing.  And psychotherapy...

And reading Shades of Grey.  Because there's an element of submissiveness.  SOG glamorizes that.  I can't buy into it, but I guess I can accept the idea, if it makes me fearless, calm, and able to leap through the air like that cute girl in Crouching Tigers, Hidden Dragons.  Or is it Hidden Tigers, Crouching Dragons?  Crouching Dragons, Hidden Tigers?  Damn.  This is worse than Men are from Venus, Women are from Mars.   Or that stupid movie - Men are like Dogs, Women are like Cats.  Can that be right?  Surely not.  Someone should make a rule that movie titles can't be more than three words long.  Forget trying to come up with some unique title for a sequel.  Stick a roman numeral behind the original title. Godfather.  Godfather II.  Godfather III.  That's it. Think of how much money that would save.  I'm sure the marketing gurus charge out the ass to come up with something catchy.  When all we want to know is where it falls in the timeline. 

Ok.  I took a muddy hike at Shelby Forest this morning.  My hiking boots fell apart (it's been a long time since I've used them.)  So between Taekwondo and hiking, I'm pooped.  Sore.  I think I'll take a hot bath.  And hope Sally doesn't wake me up before 4 in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment