Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, May 6, 2013

Crazy Busy

It's a nice feeling.  I always have plenty to do, but somehow, I just procrastinate forever.  That creates so much anxiety.  Which causes me to throw up my hands and shift into avoidance mood.  So I've spent way too many hours lounging on the sofa, listing to the same old shit over and over again on Fox News (The Daddler watches it day and night) and doing crossword puzzles, texting, playing Words With Friends, and other unproductive pursuits. 

In the last coupla weeks, however, I've sprung into action.  Lots of new stuff going on, including:  Taekwondo and cardio kick classes; getting back to running; doing re-fi's on two of my houses; taking Lucy and Sally to the vet all the time; mowing and gardening; and working on my new rental house.  All this on top of the regular stuff like taking The D to the doctor, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning...

The rental house has turned into a full time job.  So much to do.  Painting everything inside.  Buying supplies.  Mowing the lawn and weeding the beds and pruning the shrubs.  Knocking out tile in the bathroom.  Cleaning the windows.  Measuring for blinds (gotta buy the blinds.)  Getting bids for the bigger stuff.  Keeping the books and managing cash flow. 

On top of all this, my social life is improving.  Funny how it's feast or famine.  I've been feasting lately.  Last week, I decided to go on a diet (figuratively speaking.)  So I'm thinning the herd.  I hate doing that.  But I just don't have time to hang out with people I don't enjoy.  Besides, all those dinners out have taken their toll on my figure, so I've also started a literal diet.

I'm feeling good about these decisions.  I'm making progress on my endless To Do list - it feels good to actually finish some of my projects.

Unfortunately, though, I haven't had much time to blog.  It's so therapeutic for me, but so is exercise and sunshine and fresh air, so I'm gonna be kinda scarce on here for a while.  But life is full of trade-offs, and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment