Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Seeking Solace

That's what I did this afternoon. After a difficult morning, I decided to shrug my shoulders and take care of myself for a change.

About the morning. I woke up at 4:00. Got some good work done, but not enough. At 7:45, I realized that MLGW was coming to the new house between 8 and 10. Threw on some clothes and headed over there. Of course, they didn't show up until 9:50. Then the locksmith, who said he'd be there by 9:30, showed up around 10:15. At least he threw in 8 free keys ($16 value) for being late. Now I have 15 keys which fit every single lock. And no crackheads or loser tenants or weird church janitors have a key. I gave Sarita her very own key (I'd run out of them here) and she put it on my Pebbles keychain. She found it in my toolbox. I love the Flintstones.

Mr. Key Man was taking forever, so I headed back to the Ponderosa to do some work. Had to go to church client to pay bills. I was going to pick up Taco Bell on my way home, but totally forgot. When I got home, I just couldn't summon the strength to go back out. So I called Sarita and she happily agreed to go. The D will eat tacos - thank god. Sarita and I sat at the kitchen table and ate. She could tell I wasn't myself. I was so quiet all morning. She's never seen me like that. I just felt exhausted.

I headed to client and paid some bills. Decided to go back tomorrow. Or Monday. Checked the due dates. Nothing urgent.

I left there and came home. Sarita and I loaded up some boxes and I took my favorite shower gel and some comfy clothes to change into at the new house. I wanted a hot shower. Hopefully, the hot water heater would've had time to do its thing. When she left, I got in the shower. Showered, shampood, and shaved. Took my time. Felt good. Put on my fav jeans and the most incredible peasant shirt in the world. Never mind that it has a rip in it and the two buttons at the neckline are missing. It's soft thin cotton with cool embroidery and it's loose and comfy and sexy (with the missing buttons, anyway.) It feels like I'm wearing nothing.

And here I sit. Blogging. I made a good dinner for The D - parmesan crusted tilapia and steamed broccoli - and feel good about that. I'm gonna try to accomplish some things, and if I do, I'll indulge my urge to blog. But for now, I'm feeling content. That's a very nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment