Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Freedom...

...Janis Joplin said it's just another word for "nothin' left to lose." I define it as not givin' a flyin' fuck. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. I've been struggling to process a recent betrayal. I've suffered from intense anger, hatred and resentment. See my Fear and Loathing post, on, of all things, Valentine's day.

After my Chakra Cleansing and lots of soul-searching, I'm much closer to apathy. I want to say I don't give a shit. And mostly, I don't.

Little sis said the most profound thing to me. She said, "Carol, you're giving her control." Truer words were never spoken.

So that's why I've decided to post real pictures of The D, and me and Daph (who's real name is Deb, by the way.) I'm trying not to be afraid the evil one will sue me. So I won't mention her real name or address or phone number. Thinking of posting her social security number on FaceBook, though. Just kidding. Kinda.

So here's what I'd like to say to her: "So sue me." The Jewish version of "Fuck you."

So much to tell, but I'm fading fast. Quick update. Great meeting with prospective biotech CEO. He's a hard-ass, but that's a good thing in my book. We talked an entire hour before he bolted. I figure most of his interviews last about ten minutes. I think I exuded the right mix of confidence, intelligence and irreverance. He told me I was blunt, so he'd be blunt. I took that as a compliment. His blunt question was why he should hire me. I won't bore you with the details, except to say I told him he'd be lucky to have me, in so many words. And I believe that.

The proof is in the pudding, though. And the pudding is headed to the beach for the entire month of March. Just as well. I'm pretty booked up. Still, I hope it works. I think it'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment