Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Today so far...

Up at 7 - slept through alarm set for 5. Got into hyperspeed and cranked out the work for 5 hours. Ready for client meeting at 1. They just called and said they'd be about 30 minutes late, so I thought I'd use that time to blog.

Daphne picked up The D for lunch just now. He was awful to me this morning. I'd noticed that he rarely puts his clothes in the laundry - except socks and underwear. Then Daph said he's wearing the same sweater every time she comes over. It's true. It's the one my niece gave him for Christmas. So I teasingly mentioned that to him last night. He didn't react. This morning, though, he walked into the den and stood in front of my desk. He had a handful of laundry, including the sweater. And he said, "Are you happy now?"

I told him Daph had noticed it, hoping to spread the blame. But she can do no wrong. Right about then she called to say she was going to pick him up and take him for a haircut or wherever he wanted to go. I put him on the phone with her and his face lit up. I felt like the typical middle child. Neglected and ignored. Got in the shower and had a good cry. I'm better now.

And I always feel better after my Saturday meetings with my favorite client. He and his wife are so sweet and there are kids and grandkids coming and going, and it's just a happy house. He's so affirming - especially when I start telling him about all the money I've saved/made him. We always save the best for last - my shedule of his gains & losses on the stocks he let's me pick. I live for that. He always says I've done better than his brokers. Which is true for some of them.

I could go on and on about my stocks, but I need to wind it up. Around 5, The D and I are going to dinner at Huey's with my new best friends - Ruth and Jerry. Daddy likes them, too, but I think he'll have a hard time understanding their accent. Hell, he has a hard time understanding me.

All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment