Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Coming Up for Air

Whoa.  It's been a coupla crazy days.  I was feeling fearless, and I decided to give The Dog's sister a try.  She didn't last long.  She was a regular Hound of the Baskervilles.  Loved that book.  Read it when Kiddo was assigned it for summer reading.  I think it's public domain, which means I could download it on my Kindle, for free.  I have the book, but the cool thing about e-readers is that you can just click on a word and the definition pops up.  Amazing.  Useful for Words With Friends.

Oh, back to the crazy dog.  I've heard that when you bring a second-born baby home from the hospital, the first-born child regresses.  Specifically in the potty-training department.  And I can tell you, I spent way too much time dealing with shit.  Literally.

Thank goodness I borrowed a crate from the vet.  I'm not sure I should admit this, but I will.  I gave the Hell-Hound a Xanax.  A tiny little sliver of one.  The first time.  It helped.  I happen to know that it's perfectly safe for dogs.  I have a friend whose vet writes scripts for Xanax for her dog to take in thunderstorms.  I shouldn't admit this, either, but my friend usually uses it up before the first thunderbolt hits.  If I had her job, I would, too.  And actually, the only reason I was so free with my benzos was because I signed up with Medco for mail-order prescriptions.  I had a long expired script for X on my Walgreens profile.  Medco contacted my doc and she wrote a refill, and I got a bazillion unexpected pills in the mail.  Crazy.  I hope she doesn't think I'm a drug-seeker.  I guess if she did, she wouldn't have granted the refill.  When I see her, I'll explain.  She'll tell me to flush them.  Right.

Seriously, though, I am extremely careful with that stuff.  The ironic thing is that when I get into panic mode, I don't even think about taking one.  When I do remember, though, there's immediate relief.  I wonder how much of that is the placebo effect.  I do know that I wouldn't have made it through Mother's death without it. 

Ok, enough about that.  It's time to think about The Daddler's Din-Din.  I went shopping today so I have lots of good stuff for him.  I bought a pint of Pannera Bread's lobster bisque (Target carries it), but I dropped it on the kitchen floor, so there's only a cup left.  I think I'll put some diced tomatoes in my Magic Bullet to stretch it a little.  I happen to have some cream, too.  I love experimenting in the kitchen.  Oh, Target also has a line of Giada food.  I bought some pasta sauce and black olive tapenade.  Yum.  I have french bread, onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan...  The possibilities are endless.

On that note, I'd better get busy.  Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment