Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Fan-fuckin-tastic Friday

Golly. Crazy week. Ups and downs. But I'm happy. Big things are happening. Good things. Scary things. I'm feeling fearless, though.

D is a happy camper. I think he loved our day trip to Reelfoot yesterday. And my Angel of Mercy, Shernitra, reported for duty today. OMG - I love her. I think The D was even glad to see her. She was having a hard time and wasn't reliable, but after the surfer girl (the web - on her phone - in my kitchen), I couldn't deal with any more unknowns. I can't begin to describe the ways she makes my life easier. Suffice it to say that my stress level is way lower. Besides, I can pay her way less than my billing rate It makes biz sense.

My new associate/employee, M, started this week. She's organized. I swear, we're perfect together. It takes me at least 5 times of doing something to remember. She takes notes. I would do that, but I could never find them. So she is quickly becoming the golden child. I should probably make them sign some agreement so if they hire her, I'll get 15 years of her earnings as a finder's fee.

A funny thing. Today, my adderall was wearing off. M was doing my work and I was searching in my purse for the little azur pill. I had a small pharmacy, but no adderall. Daddy's blood thinner, some anti-anxiety meds, the dementia med I've been searching for (The D's, not mine), some random folic acid (not sure what that's for) and some unidentified white pills. Tic Tac's maybe?

So sure enough, by 4:00, I was incoherent. Luckily, my client gets me. And doesn't mind when I argue with her husband. He knows how I am since we worked on another start-up company three years ago. I guess my bull-in-a-china-shop nature wasn't a bad thing.



And it seems to me that I'm not going to walk the plank. I need to figure out some kind of non-compete thing, so when I hire people smarter than me, I'm not left out in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment