Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Chakra

My chakra is clean! Cleaner than it was, at least. Last night was my Energy Healing session with my good friend, Mary Celeste. You can read about it on her website. I have her link in my favorite sites list.

Now, I should tell you that I'm a skeptic about this kind of thing. It reminds me of the hypnosis attempt at the Mid-South Fair. I was a teenager and the hypnotist invited the audience to come to the front and be hypnotized. My aunt grabbed my hand and we ran to the rope. There were about 30 of us in a circle, holding onto a rope. After some mumbo jumbo, we were told we wouldn't be able to let go of it. He clapped his hands, and I let go. One or two other people did, too. But all the rest couldn't. The non-believers were shooed away. I felt so inferior. No really, I felt special. And relieved when I saw people wandering through the audience selling imaginary hot dogs, crowing like a rooster and doing other strange and embarrassing things.

I love the expression "drink the Kool Aid." I remember the mass suicide Jim Jones orchestrated in Guyana in 1978. 900 of his followers drank cyanide-laced grape Kool Aid. Actually, it was Flavor Aid, but that's neither here nor there.

Lately, I've been saying I refuse to drink the Apple Kool Aid. As in Apple computers, phones, iPods, etc. I just don't like that they're such a monopoly and they don't play nice with other devices. The whole iTunes/MP3 thing bugs me. Plus, they're so expensive. When I have to use a client's Mac computer, it makes me crazy.

Back to my chakra. I really was amazed that Mary Celeste could sense specific aches and pains in my body. I told her about the biggest problem I'm dealing with right now. That's the anger and resentment I feel toward my older sister - I blogged about it in my Fear and Loathing post, if you're interested. She told me to think of her as an animal, and I chose a snake. She told me to talk about what I'd do with a snake I encountered, but she told me I couldn't chop its head off with a garden hoe. Damn. All I could think to do was to run away - not the best solution. So she told me to imagine the snake being turned into a rock. I like that. She asked me what I'd do with the rock. I threw it into the Mighty Mississip. She said the rock was with others of its ilk. That felt good.

Hey, I just thought of something. I'm going to see the eagles at Reelfoot today. Don't eagles eat snakes? That's a nice thought.



Ok, The D is up and dressed an hour ahead of his normal wake-up time. I need to get ready, too. I told The D we'd go early and stop for breakfast on the way. I'm excited.

I'm sure I'll have lots to tell tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment