Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pills...

Daddy brought me his empty pill box last night. When I walked through the kitchen this morning, I remembered that I need to fill it. I bought new ones last week. Easier to use.
Only problem is that the old ones used blue covers for night and red for morning. This morning, when I was loading the new ones, I realized that the blue ones said A.M. and the red ones said P.M. When I filled them last week, I put them in backwards. Oh, shit. The D was still asleep so I couldn't ask him if he'd taken them backwards, too. I started loading them and put the pills in according to the labels instead of the colors. Then halfway through, I decided to switch to the colors, because I was getting confused. For me, color coding is the best way to organize things, like my files. Somehow I can't always read the labels, but I can remember colors. A different color for each client. Plus, I figured Daddy had gone by the colors, too. I finished them up and changed the labels with a sharpie.

When The D got up, I asked him how he'd been taking them. Big sigh of relief when he said the took them based on which pills were in each one - lots more night ones than morning. He's got it going on. Thank heavens. I don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment