Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, March 5, 2011

All Nighter - 5:30 am

Just a quick post. No pictures.

I realized it had been 12 hours since my junior Wendy burger and that I was hungry. I decided to make my favorite breakfast - scrambled egg w/ tabasco on top of wheat toast and topped with a slice of good old Kraft American pasteurized processed cheese food. What happened to my Health Nut? I know I had some in the fridge (it keeps forever in there), and The D doesn't eat it. I guess Shernitra does. I had to choose between thick white Texas toast bread (I use it for Daddy's french toast) and a wheat hot dog bun dated February 12. The bun won. It had 4 grams of fiber, and you know how I'm all about the fiber these days. Plus, the label said Low Fat, No Trans Fat, No Sat Fat or Cholesterol, Reduced Calories, No High Fructose Corn Syrup. The package looked like a Nascar driver's uniform.

I plopped down on the sofa with my b-fast sandwich and tried to find something entertaining but not engrossing on tv. Had to force myself to skip Law & Order. But since Vincent D'Onofrio wasn't on that one, it wasn't too hard. Mostly there were infomercials - Magic Bullet, Magic Jack - but I happened upon Piers Morgan. I'd heard he took Larry King's place - what a relief. And it just so happened he had Charlie Sheesh as his guest. Since I only watch CNBC and Music Choice Pop Hits, I have no idea what's going on in Celeb World. But actually, I have heard a little background noise about Chuck. Why would anyone care? He's disgusting. I watched five minutes of his stupid show once and couldn't stomach it. As I recall, he plays an arrogant ass. Maybe he's a method actor and I should cut him some slack. I did, however, go through a short Denise Richards - It's Complicated phase. One question. Why would any woman want to let him touch her? Ick. And on Piers' show, he was morphing into Gollum before my very eyes. Get this. He actually said, "Every great movement starts with one man. And that's me." Whaaaa??? What great movement? I couldn't hang around to see. Between asshole and the skunk chair and my petrified hot dog bun, I started feeling queasy. Switched it back to Pop Hits. Took my plate to the kitchen. And decided to blog a little. This is too good to skip.

Now back to rent rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment