Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Stars are Aligned

Wow. Could it be any better? When I saw my therapist Thursday, I said, "I'm glad I didn't kill myself." 17 years ago, I suffered from serious clinical depression. A hell job, miserable marriage and trying to be a good mother to a toddler. That's when I started seeing Dr. V. She's amazing. She knows me better than anyone on earth. So her reply was, "I'm glad you didn't kill yourself, too."

Funny thing. Up until last month, I always sat in the very same place and she sat across from me. Two sessions ago, I decided to change it up. I laid down on the sofa, so she sat in a different chair. The next time, I laid on the other end of the sofa, and she sat in a different chair. Thursday, I asked her to lie on the sofa and I'd sit in the chair. She was happy to plop down on the sofa and tuck her feet under her. I asked her to recline and she said, I can do that, but I'll fall asleep. Funny.

This might seem silly, but it's a good example of how I'm determined to challenge tradition. Take risks. Try new things. And I've been taking some major, but calculated, risks lately.

My biz for one. Boy, that's paid off. I'm flyin' by the seat of my pants, but so far, I've been successful beyond my wildest dreams.

Then there's my new friend. I go back and forth about whether I should go public on my silly blog. I'd hate to get publicly dumped. But hell. If Jolynna can do it on her blog, I can too.

I don't think it's gonna happen, though. He reads my silly blog. And likes me in spite of it. Or maybe because of it. The story of how we met is very convoluted, and therefore, extremely interesting. All I'll explain right now is that we've been emailing and talking for six weeks or so. We've never met face to face. He lives in Tallahassee but grew up here and his lovely parents live here. He's planning to pay me a visit on April 15th, the tax deadline. I'll be able to take some time off. And spend some time with him.

I'll tell you the top three reasons I'm crazy about him, and leave it at that. He's smart (as in brilliant), funny, and so, so sweet. Bonuses are: great family (his parents love me), no ex-wives or manipulative children, he's in my target age range, he's an accomplished professional, and best of all, he's fearless. Must be if I haven't scared him off.



He reads my blog and loves my crazy stories and my ability to put it out there. Bare my soul. And most of all, he gets my off-beat sense of humor.

Sooo, I'm head over heels. I've already proposed. Planned the wedding. And better than that, our honeymoon! I think it'll be the thing he loves the most. Eastern Carribean. Rent a boat. Island hop. Relax.

Back to reality. I met the movers at my parents' house this morning. Moved lots of furniture and their fridge. Now I have a king sized bed in my enchanted aerie. And Mother's chest of drawers. Bed and fridge - all I need.

I'm at home now. Washing one and only set of king sized sheets and mattress pad. Fed The D lunch. Packed up more stuff to take. Blogging. And as soon as the laundry is done, I'm gonna head back over.

My fantasy fiancee said he'd call me later. Can't wait. He's amazing. Sweet. So I'll close with his very sweet comment to my recent post about my new house. Here goes:

Congrats!
May you have warm words
on a cold evening,
A full moon on a dark night,
And the road downhill
all the way to your door.
(Irish blessing)
I'll bring some:
Bread - that this house may never know hunger.
Salt - that life may always have flavor.
Wine - that joy and prosperity may reign forever.


Can you see why I'm crazy about him?

No comments:

Post a Comment