Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Progress

Can't believe it's been two days since my last confession. I mean blog post. Lots has happened. Mostly good. It seems like there was something ridiculously frustrating, and that's always fun to write about, but I can't think of it right now.

Since I'm under the gun with client deadlines, I'll hit the highlights and elaborate later.

I saw The King's Speech Wednesday night. Loved it. I couldn't remember which Academy Awards it won (I fell asleep during the show), so I asked the drone who sold me the ticket, and he said he didn't know. Said he didn't watch awards shows. Wow, and he works for a movie theater! Of course, it did win best picture and Colin Firth won best actor. I can see why. It was so good. It made me think of The D. He struggles to get his words out. I'm pretty good at reading his mind and he's developed his own sign language, so that helps. When he tells me about his constipation, he uses his fingers to show me how many days it's been. Luckily, that hasn't been an issue. I've been buying lots of fruit and of course, the veggies, and that's made a big difference. Thank God. And he loves the fruit.

The home inspector did his thing at the new house yesterday. There were some plumbing issues, so I need to get my plumber out there to take a look. Other than that, nothing major.

My regular Friday and Saturday client meetings have been postponed, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief. One of my sweet girlfriends is coming over for a drink after work tonight. I haven't seen her in ages. Can't wait to catch up.

Kiddo's actually been nice to me. He's leaving Sunday morning, so hopefully we can have a nice dinner or lunch out with his dad tomorrow. I'm sure The D will want to come, too. He loves my boy.

Oh, biggest thing of all. I finally got my hair done. It's been five months since I've had it cut and colored. I got highlights this time. I'm looking a little too blond. I figure since hair stylists charge by the foil, they're motivated to use lots of them. I like it though. I'm not one of those women who get all stressed out over their hair. The only time I've had to go back and get it fixed was the time I got an inverted bob. I loved it. Unfortunately, the Willie Wonka movie with Johnny Depp had just come out.
And it was the first day of school and I had to take Kiddo to Office Depot for school supplies. When I picked him up, he said, "You look like Willy Wonka." Oh, shit. He was right. Throngs of his classmates were at Office Depot, and I was told more than once that I looked like Willy. I got home and called my hairdresser and told him I had to get it fixed. Only me.

Here I go, meandering again. Better get busy and make some money. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment