Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Better Day...

...I hope.

I'll be stuck at the new house from 8:00 to 10:00, waiting for MLGW. The locksmith is coming around 9:30. I might dispatch Sarita to hang out there and call me when they come. It takes me two minutes to get there, so it should be fine. Or I might figure out some work to take. It's just so frickin' cold - 43 degrees right now. So the house will be frigid, since there's no heat.

Speaking of the weather, the last few days have been miserable. Overcast, cold, drizzling rain. So hard to take after the warm spells. To quote T.S. Eliot in The Waste Land, "April is the cruellest month." Actually, I'd say it's February, at least for our weather, but when you add in the tax deadline, April can be pretty shitty. Oh, it's still March.

I did my usual stupid thing last night: Fell asleep on the sofa at 9:30 and woke up at 4:00 a.m. Maybe I should move my bed into the den. I refuse to have a tv in my bedroom. The best solution might be to brush my teeth and wash my face before I hit the sofa. Get my cotton sheets and a real pillow. Maybe I'll get a better routine in my new house. Get a netbook for my bedroom and blog before I go to sleep. Better yet, get back to my old routine of reading in bed. The talk radio is adding to my stress. The other night, it was all about zombies. There are experts on this subject and apparently, quite a few people actually believe them. The solution, it appears, is cremation. Go figure. My point is that my subconscious is being filled with all kinds of strange things between the time I go to sleep and the sleep timer runs out. But I just can't turn off my mind without the distraction of late night talk radio. I should try doing my yoga DVD before bed.

I'm watching Squawk Box at the moment, and several of my stocks are front and center today. Too bad I won't have time to watch the market. I should just turn off the tv and listen to some music. Close my Fidelity streaming software. Crank out two partnership returns. And forget my troubles.

Maybe I'll take a quick bubble bath instead of my usual speed shower. If I can relax, maybe I'll be able to focus better.

Wish I could think of something funny to blog about, but nothing comes to mind. I can't even think of a good picture to post. Maybe tonight, my sense of humor will return. Let's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment