Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, March 4, 2011

All Nighter...

...I've decided to pull one. First time in a long time. I've had plenty of mornings lately where I wake up at 3 a.m. in a panic over a client meeting the next day, jump up and work a good ten hours to get ready. But with all the time I've had to spend on the casa acquisition, I'm so far behind it's scary. And since my most important client and I skipped our regular Saturday afternoon meeting last week, I've got a shit-load to do. Oh, I was sick last weekend. Still, I've had two weeks. I swear, I hate that I'm such a procrasser, but I guess it works. Somehow I can shift into warp speed and cram an amazing amount of work into an incredibly small amount of time. And I can drag it out or put it off forever if no one's expecting it. I'll blame it on my ADD. No, really, it's just me. Which is why I absolutely love working from home. I can go with my energy level. Which is totally out of sync with the rest of the world.

Now, you must be thinking, "Why the hell is she blogging now?" That's a reasonable question. The answer is that I'm transitioning. I had a really crazy non-stop day. Got The D Wendy's on the way home. We had an early dinner - 4ish. He was happy. Big chili and big frosty.

After I ate, I had a sluggish spell. For five hours. I talked on the phone; watched Cramer; cleaned out my DVR (Cramer fills it up lately); organized the shelves behind my desk; attempted to eradicate cat pee smell from skunk chair with yet another chemical; googled "how to get cat pee smell out of leather"; cleaned off my desk; printed counter-offer on mi casa and signed, scanned and emailed it to JoJo (that girl is worth her weight in gold, figuratively speaking); talked to good friend E from high school and we dished about another friend H (who turned out to be a manipulative, insecure bitch to E, too); examined the chunk of material The D extracted from his ear; and then made a pot of very strong coffee. Searched for the box of kleenex I knew was near my desk. Couldn't find it. Gave up and got a new box. Then found the lost one on the sofa under the blanket.

Took a picture of my coffee with my phone. Attempted to email it to myself so I could save it and post it here. Phone was fucked up so I had to reboot. I wonder if dropping it in my bowl of ice cream the other night has caused this latest spate of problems.

Oh, well. I could go on and on, but I won't. The coffee's starting to kick my ass (I'm starting to sweat under my arms and I never do that unless I'm nervous or hyped up on caffeine), so I'd better go with it.

I have a feeling my next post will happen when the delirium sets in, and I think it'll be a good one. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment