Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Give Up

Whoa, last night was a cluster fuck. I called yesterday morning to change the utilities at my new house and they'd been cut off because stupid MLGW wouldn't change them Friday because I told them I wouldn't close on the house until later that day. What the fuck difference does it make? So I forgot. Until yesterday. When I called to change them to my name, I was told they'd been cut off a few hours early. Which meant they had to come to my house and it would cost me $55. And I had to meet them there. Sometime between 3pm (when I called) and 11pm. Great. I guess I had to be there to pay them the $55 bucks. I'm pretty sure they don't have to go in the house to turn on the utilities.

I started getting cold so I headed upstairs and got under the covers in my great big new bed. Big mistake. I guess getting up at 4:30 in the morning caught up with me and I passed out. Woke up at 10:30. They'd come at 8:30 and left a little door hanger. It didn't help that the doorbell was out. Wait, I don't think there's a doorbell.

Major problem with the zillion keys that seem to go to nothing and the front door lock (which is totally fucked up). On top of that, the back door knob (which only has a lock on the inside) got locked and I couldn't get the door open. Even from the inside. It's fucked up. None of the 6 door locks works with the same key. At first I thought I was locked in. Claustrophobia set in, but I finally got the front door open.

So today, I have to fuck with MLGW again, call the locksmith, and make sure my homeowners insurance is in force. Better get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment